- Turning on moderation later today.
- More grim news for carousellers hoping to jump at the last minute.
- A wife's best defense against a troublesome mother-in-law.
- Are Women Done With Men After Age 55?
- A husband's plea to Catholic Answers Forum: Stop sowing discord in my house!
- Is Gen. 29 a modern love story?
- Ovid Game tip: Don't visit her on her birthday.
- Advice to a woman in her 30s looking to marry.
- Riding to Lancelot's rescue.
- Feminism in a picture.
Category Archives: Wife worship
I’ve touched on this before, but I think the chivalrous story of Lancelot fighting for Guinevere’s honor in Chrétien de Troyes Lancelot, the Knight of the Cart is worthy of a dedicated post. I should note that I have not read … Continue reading
14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. 15 Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control. — 1 Tim 2:14-15, ESV Minesweeper was … Continue reading
Commenter Moses asks: I want to know “What is behind this?” What forces are shaping a world where women are absolved of all agency in attracting a “man” yet feel entitled to the very best of masculinity? Why do so … Continue reading
Red Pill Latecomer noted that courtly love is considered pure, in part because it doesn’t involve sex: But as I learned it, the highest form of Courtly Love was chaste. No adultery involved. The Knight would have a pure love … Continue reading
I’ve been reading The Allegory of Love by C.S. Lewis, about the medieval idea of “courtly love”. Lewis sums up the concept as (emphasis mine): The sentiment, of course, is love, but love of a highly specialized sort, whose characteristics … Continue reading