…whereas Roissy and I obviously respect each other despite our different purposes, those who incline more towards his “fiddle while Rome burns” perspective are considerably less able to view those differences in the abstract than Roissy, while those who are more focused on saving civilization from itself, (or at least preserving the seeds of civilization as the fire sweeps through the forest), are considerably less able to view the fiddlers with the same sort of equanimity that I am.
What both camps have in common is a diagnosis. Where they differ is the prescription. This is why they are not functional allies in the long term. Their immediate objectives and priorities have nothing in common and their perspectives are fundamentally different. However, it should be kept in mind that neither side created the problem to which both are reacting, and it should be recognized that both have important roles to play before the course plays itself out.
SirHamster on Riding to Lancelot’s res… Cane Caldo on Riding to Lancelot’s res… Boxer on Riding to Lancelot’s res… SirHamster on Riding to Lancelot’s res… Bart on Is Gen. 29 a modern love … Bart on Is Gen. 29 a modern love … Bart on Is Gen. 29 a modern love … Turning on moderatio… on Turning on moderation later… Oscar on Is Gen. 29 a modern love … SirHamster on Is Gen. 29 a modern love …
- Turning on moderation later today.
- Is Gen. 29 a modern love story?
- More grim news for carousellers hoping to jump at the last minute.
- Riding to Lancelot's rescue.
- Ovid Game tip: Don't visit her on her birthday.
- A wife's best defense against a troublesome mother-in-law.
- Are Women Done With Men After Age 55?
- Fighting for his Lady's honor.
- Feminism in a picture.
- Latest U.S. Custody and Child Support Data