New and improved Christianity, inner goddess with extra moxie edition!

Let the woman learn in silence lead with all subjection moxie. But I suffer not command a woman to teach, nor and to usurp have authority over the man, but and to be in silence. sassy!

–1 Timothy 2:11-12, New Inner Goddess Translation

Laura Grace Robins started it all with: Commanded to Operate Like a Princess.  Bskillet81 followed up with:  EAPs on Parade: Christian Slut Walk or Demonic Goddess Worship?  ballista74 then brought us:  Proof of Arrogance and Pride.

After the above excellent work, I thought there was nothing left to say on the topic.  Then I found the I Am Woman page and video from the same church.  From the I Am Woman about page:

You are managing all life throws at you and making it to tomorrow. You are like a ninja – able to see many things happen and react to them all!

In a world that makes it seem arrogant to believe in yourself and breeds a lack of self confidence — we need to rise up and celebrate who we are!

I am as tall as an amazon — and I still wear heels.
I am afraid that you will think this is bragging, but I love my sisters enough to lead the way and do it anyway.
I am a committed lover of Jesus.
I am good in a crisis.
I am loyal.
I am an empowerer of my sisters.

I am a princess because I am a daughter of the King.
I am a little crazy, and I like it that way.

What are you?  You are woman.  Beautiful.  Unique.  Special.

Tell us who you are and join the I am Woman Sisterhood…

And then there is the I Am Woman youtube video:

Also don’t miss Professor Mentu’s Gimme That Old Time Girligion!

About these ads
This entry was posted in Feminists, Foolishness, Moxie. Bookmark the permalink.

151 Responses to New and improved Christianity, inner goddess with extra moxie edition!

  1. Feminist Hater says:

    Vanity, definitely their favourite sin…

  2. infowarrior1 says:

    Seriously even the teaching of women to other women must first come from a wise man some man must be in charge of what she teaches. Otherwise this crap happens.

  3. Anonymous Reader says:

    What is “Faith Church”? Apparently this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_Church_St._Louis

    Like Driscoll’s Mars Hill church, a megachurch. Never been inside one of these. Do they run by consensus, or are they the private property of the head preacher, or what?

  4. Miserman says:

    The woman said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Adam was, I am.” – John 8:58 NIGT

  5. Miserman says:

    You are managing all life throws at you and making it to tomorrow. You are like a ninja – able to see many things happen and react to them all!

    Women often complain about how busy they are and how chaotic their lives are day to day. Yet, as any man knows, when you take up managment and leadership positions, everything comes your way, whether you want it to or not.

  6. lgrobins says:

    Ugh, the use of “sisterhood” speaks volumes, but so does everyone of those statements, such as “you are the head and not the tail”. Hmmmm let me guess….”tail” = husband.

  7. Badger says:

    Unbelievable. I have no further words at this time.

  8. Terse_man says:

    In a world that makes it seem arrogant to believe in yourself and breeds a lack of self confidence

    What world is this? With the females bathed in self esteem from day one, I am not sure how the above happens to them. As Dirty Harry said, “A (Wo)man has got to know their limitations”, and lots of the women I see do not seem to know theirs. Life would be better if they did.

  9. Terse_man says:

    What are you? You are woman. Unique..

    Unique is not always good. Often it it irrelevant.

  10. Wudang says:

    Speaking of goddess crap:

    http://www.debunker.com/patriarchy.html#goddess
    http://www.debunker.com/texts/goddess.html

    We will be seeing a LOT more of that type of stuff in the future.

  11. Terse_man says:

    Commanded to Operate Like a Princess

    With power comes responsibility. I don’t see much about that.

  12. Terse_man says:

    We need Deti’s Hamsterlater to give a full analysis of this. The one with the extra low-end torque.

    I wonder if it can make it through it without whirling to pieces….

  13. Seriously even the teaching of women to other women must first come from a wise man some man must be in charge of what she teaches. Otherwise this crap happens.
    ————————————–
    @infowarrior
    Exactly.
    It is highly disturbing to read her saying “””In a world that makes it seem arrogant to believe in yourself and breeds a lack of self confidence — we need to rise up and celebrate who we are!”””

    What the hell is the world doing that is taking all these poor creatures down? Seriously. Im so sick of this crap I want to scream. They create the illusion of victimhood, bad men beating them and raping them…that starts to get thin as folks wake up to that fact that sure, that happens, and its bad, but there will always be these incidents, so they need more….so….just start saying the world puts them down….pretty soon that lie actually begins to make some women FEEL it, they so badly crave empathy they actually take on the emotional impact as if they are being held down and put upon.

    The site “Do Women Sin” showed that women think low self esteem is their biggest sin. Can there be a more narcissistic view held by any collective?

    It reminds me of one of the wonder gals at Christian Forums whose sig line says

    “Being a woman is how I define it for myself and its awesome to be a women”

    What does that even mean? It means “I am unique and I am awesome”

    Ladies, there is nothing special about being a woman, or a man. You are BORN that way, no one, NO ONE “achieved” anything!

    This is the sin of vanity gone beyond amok. This is in need of shaming far beyond even that of slut shaming, because frankly this is a root cause matter, at the base of all their crap you find a faux cornerstone made of unicorns and rainbows, they meet the Personal Jesus (TM) there cause he understands

  14. okrahead says:

    “Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before the fall.” (Prov. 16:18)
    “We have heard of Moab’s pride–her overweening pride and conceit, her pride and her insolence–but her boasts are empty.” Isaiah 16:6
    These “pastors” are not sheep, but ravenous wolves…. Their doctrine is blatant heresy.
    Apparently Paul had to deal with feminists in his day as well…
    “For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,” 2 Tim. 3:6
    If this bunch doesn’t qualify as “silly women” I have no idea what it would take….

  15. Anonymous Reader says:

    The self esteem movement, where children were taught “I Am Special, Look At Me” certainly didn’t skip the Cranks. Or at least Ms. Crank.

    Great names for co-pastors of a megachurch, btw. Especially those that use zoo animals as props in special events / services.

    Some may find this interesting:
    http://faithchurchstlouis.com/statement-of-faith

    The Bible is the infallible Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and contains every answer to man’s problems
    2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:20,21

  16. Stingray says:

    I am not sure which video made me feel more nauseous, the Dear Woman one, or this. Blech.

  17. Phantasmagoria says:

    Well, this is a depressing start to my Saturday. How exactly do other people here deal with all this kinda crap without going stark raving mad? It just feels so depressing and disheartening to me. Maybe it’s my immaturity showing.

  18. Terse_man says:

    “Being a woman is how I define it for myself and its awesome to be a women”

    I define myself to be the greatest bog commenter ever, and it is awesome to be the greatest blog commenter ever

  19. Terse_man says:

    It just feels so depressing and disheartening to me. Maybe it’s my immaturity showing.

    No, I think it is your maturity shining through.

  20. What are you? You are woman. Beautiful. Unique. Special.

    HUH?????
    Does anyone else get tired of seeing things that are unreal?

    In many airports in Europe right now, and maybe in the US but i havent seen it here, there is an ad campaign that has pictures of various people and slogans like “empowered”

    One has a picture of an African orphan, she is wearing rags, and looks undernourished, and she is standing before a ramshackle tent like structure, and somehow they managed to put that self satisfied look that you see among UN or EU bureaucrats on her face, some quasi determined look, veiled aggression, an optimism as if she sees utopia manifesting before her eyes, and she is “empowered”

    I live near Memphis TN, the Memphis city schools are a war zone, massive drop out rate, unbelievable rate of black teen pregnancy, guns and drugs in school, more dysfunction per capita than you can imagine, so you call the district and you get a recording “welcome to Memphis City Schools, where EVERY child is college bound”

    Im sure you can think of lots of examples of this “you are special” stuff

    it is wrong…

    This comes from the same source as this garbage from this church, and there is nothing good or noble about it. It hurts people, it is a bit of a joke to realists, and it also influences people and governments to utilize the force of the law to make the things come true for reasons not tied to merit.

    Sorry ladies you are not special…..and you are especially not special for being female. If reading those words gives you some sense of satisfaction or good feelings, you need badly to gut check yourself. If your kids are being taught this crap, temper it. Boys will have it ripped away from them anyway, after being told they are special they reach high school and learn they are dangerous and bad students. Girls? Nope, add princess to the claims and you end up with that babbling moron that was in the Miss America pageant and when answering a question babbled using all the PC terms she could think of, “children, South Africa, Africa, world peace, education, poverty, incoherently.

    Im ranting (no, not me) but so much is explainable by this its incrdeible

  21. Stingray says:

    The path these women are leading themselves down is dangerous and empty. I have some sympathy for them, but I find it difficult as they are so willingly and blindly doing it to themselves.

  22. Terse_man says:

    @Sunshine
    Apparently these women have never read 1 Peter 3:3-4 ” Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”

    Can not the women in the video see how unappealing they are? Which would you prefer, those women in the video, or a women with attributes as described above?

  23. Terse_man says:

    You are like a ninja

    That could be useful for them. They could get exercise wrestling with cats.

  24. ballista74 says:

    This must be the promo for Nicole Crank’s 2013 conference. Usually, though, most of these demonic feminist conferences and the people surrounding them are the gift that keeps on giving. There’s almost too much that could be pointed out, especially since she got done with her 2012 conference this weekend and we were talking about her 2011 conference. But at least for her, there’s still ample chance to violate 1 Timothy 2:11-12 by teaching before the men and the women before she has to worry about that conference.

  25. sunshinemary says:

    Hi Terse_man – I actually made that comment about 1 Peter 3 on the Christian Men’s Defense Network regarding the Glass Slipper event video; you must have read my comment there. However, it certainly applies to this video as well. :)

  26. A really poorly written and thought out manifesto.

    “I am a little crazy, and I like it that way.”

    “i am good in a crisis.”

    What kind of idiot writes like that?

  27. Bwana Simba says:

    The church is dead. Long live the church.

  28. Phantasmagoria says:

    My maturity shining through? I don’t know about that. I suppose it depends on which yardstick you’re using to measure it, though I’ve never felt like I measured up to anyone standards. But I digress. I’ll admit that I’m young and I consider myself immature. I also really don’t know how to deal with all this. I’ll try and articulate what I mean.

    As you grow up, the environment you’re brought up with is what gives you your core beliefs and values and morals. Sort of like a compass to set your life by so you know you’re on the right track. Except these days, it’s more likely that you get given the popular Feminist brand “Men are all hateful, raping pigs” Moral Compass (TM).

    Then along comes the red pill, though in this case it’s more like the red hammer. It smashes up your compass leaving you without any way to guide yourself for a while. Some people tend to wander around aimlessly for a while. Others have other resources they can fall back on to guide their way, like their faith.

    I don’t really have anything like that. Instead, I tend to have internal battles over whether or not I’m actually doing the right thing all the time. I really just want to try and go through life while being a good person. And so I read blogs like this and observe life and society in general in an attempt to form my own opinions. But there is so much information coming in from all sides that I just can’t make up my mind and I tend to self destruct more than anything else.

    That’s partly why reading things like this depresses me. It’s trying to get me to form a judgement when I don’t feel like I have the right to do so. I really don’t like having to pick sides because I don’t know if I’m right or not.

    That’s why I wonder how people here can deal with it all. It must be nice to have mostly unshakeable faith and beliefs that you’re doing the right thing and I wish I could feel that way too.

  29. From the Princess Jamie Bible:

    For a woman indeed ought not to cover her head, forasmuch as she is the image and glory of God: but the man is the glory of the woman.

    For the woman is not of the man: but the man of the woman.

    Neither was the woman created for the man: but the man for the woman.

  30. Phanta, I have a questioning, doubting mind; but certainty develops with reading and thinking, and observation, and with age. I have refined my ideas over decades, but I have had no fundamental breaks. Which is better than some people I know, whose opinions change, but never their certainty.

  31. Stingray says:

    It smashes up your compass leaving you without any way to guide yourself for a while. Some people tend to wander around aimlessly for a while. Others have other resources they can fall back on to guide their way, like their faith.

    You need a new compass. I hesitate to post this as it seems like self promotion, only I literally just posted it and then read your comment immediately after. Maybe this will help. This is from the first book of the Great Books of the Western World. It would be a fantastic place to hewn a new compass. Obviously, your bible as well.

  32. Joey says:

    I discovered your blog a while ago when reading the outrage in the marriage section of christianforums.com. You’re definitely doing a good job then!Watching that video made me think that this is an area that you should perhaps expand on further?

    Women are still sinners no matter how much society tries to tell them otherwise. That you explain extremely well. I have noticed however that you haven’t mentioned how easily we are deceived by what we WANT to hear where it comes to religion. It isn’t just a mental/cultural/feminist battle, this video shows where paganism and christianity are coming together to lead women astray. Where is the gospel, call to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ in those messages?

    Instead of worshipping a goddess like pagans we are led to worship the goddess within via seeking ”our destiny” that God will fulfill for us if we cast the right spell *whoops* pray the right prayers /think the right way to realise we are really God’s princess. Perhaps it is time for Christian apologists to also work on answering feminist paganism disguised via christianese language and isolated bible verses completely out-of-context ? God supposedly valuing ”Christian” women’s personal fulfillment and happiness at the expense of marriage and family is a completely different gospel.

    [D: Welcome!]

  33. Thanks for the link love, D. Much appreciated.

  34. I Art Laughing says:

    Did someone say “vanity”?

    http://ragingvanity.wordpress.com/

  35. Suz says:

    Phantasmagoria,
    I agree with Terse_man. Recognizing the difference between reality and the (sincerely believed) fantasy our culture is selling you, is a sign of maturity. You’re preparing yourself to deal with a lifetime of contradictions, instead of denying them. My advice, keep asking how and why, and keep an eye on people’s attitudes.

    For “how and why,” question the answers you get. Act like a four-year-old: Why doesn’t that work? > Well, how did it break? > OK, is that how you’re supposed to use it? > Oh. Why did you use it wrong? > Why were you in too much of a hurry to use it right? > Why didn’t you get up on time? > What? You didn’t set your alarm? Why not? > Oh, you were plastered. Why did you drink that much? > Why do you like to get obliterated? etc, ad nauseum.

    Annoying, isn’t it? And even more annoying, no matter how far back you go, you may never get to the whole truth. However this will put you in the habit of not blindly accepting whatever blame-shifting excuse is offered for a given behavior or belief.

    As for attitude, NEVER TAKE WHAT BITTER PEOPLE SAY AT FACE VALUE. Happy people, angry people, wounded people, idealistic people – they all usually have something of value to offer. Bitter people are bitter because they have no hope. They have no hope because they refuse to take responsibility for their actions. If an angry person can recognize the part she played in whatever makes her angry, she can either fix it or move on and try to do better next time. A bitter person almost always blames everyone and everything except themselves. Achieving bitterness usually requires a lot of practice denying reality and rationalizing mistakes. Bitter people will never “do better” because they refuse to believe they’ve done anything wrong.

    Sorry. Didn’t mean to write half a book!

  36. TFH says:

    I can’t believe there are still so few people questioning the wisdom of giving women the right to vote (something that only 5-6 countries are 90+ years into, and another 10-15 countries are 60-90 years into).

    All the arguments for and against giving women the right to vote, are identical to a debate on whether children should have the right to vote.

  37. A basic problem with giving women the right to vote is that men strive for power by pandering to women to get their votes.

  38. freebird says:

    This is what I’m hearing her say:
    ” “I am like God and God like me. I am as large as God. He is as small as I. He cannot stand above me nor I beneath him.
    Silesius

    Obvious that most of her declarations begin with “I AM”

  39. P Ray says:

    ^ And that feminism will never have any “apparent drawbacks”(bear with me on this one) from the reference point of women directly in leadership roles … because they’ll vote for the married candidate, and influence him through his wife then call it an “oppressive patriarchy”/”stupid men in charge”(take your pick) if things don’t turn out following their advice.
    Otherwise, if things do turn their way “We women are skilled in the ways of knowing”.

  40. g-man says:

    @TFH
    Now how are we gonna confiscate the women’s right to vote?

  41. Twenty says:

    Silesius, 17th century.

    Counselor?

    Counselor?

    Could you be there?

    Could you be there?

    Counselor?

    I wonder if you’re here?

  42. Phantasmagoria says:

    I do need a new moral compass, but I don’t have strong enough beliefs or convictions to hold to one. And even if I did, I feel like it would just end again with people telling me that I’m wrong and I should think as they think and do as they do. I don’t have faith to help because I’m not religious (I do try to be respectful of others and their beliefs though, but I think that’s just part of being a decent person).

    As for maturity, well, the definition that you’re giving me is nice. The problem I have with it is that it doesn’t seem to be the belief that the majority of society holds and that unfortunately, they’re the ones I have to convince. I don’t have the desire or energy to have to constantly fight with people who have different opinions but are unwilling to listen. Especially when the socially held definition of maturity seems to be “Move out, have a steady job, have a car, find a spouse, buy a house, have kids”. I currently am facing the “move out and find a girlfriend” pressure from the parents because I have been unemployed for a while (despite studying for my teaching degree) and because I’ve been single for nearly 2 years now.

    I think I’m mostly over being a bitter person. Still fairly frustrated and unhappy with things, but not bitter or hateful. I’ve also been without hope for a while now after having my worldview effectively shattered over a long period of time. I used to think that like the song says, “all you need is love”, but I had that shattered fairly quickly. “Work hard and you’ll find a nice girl who loves you”, “Just be yourself and everything will be okay”, “You’re special”, all things that I’ve learned just aren’t realistic or true.

    I mean, I’m 25. I’m not super attractive, I don’t make a lot of money and I don’t really project an aura of confidence unless I really need to. I don’t have a lot to believe in, if anything. I can’t even believe that I will find someone nice who appreciates me for the person I am because it’s just so unrealistic.

    It’s a curious game. It seems the only winning move is to simply not play at all.

  43. Pirran says:

    The problem is you guys just don’t realize that God is a woman…..Even the tiny bits that MIGHT, accidentally, be male.

    “Can you relate?

    God is as much male as he is female. He is our Father and our Mother. Sometimes we don’t think about how God wants to be around us… just like our momma does.

    He wants to be at work with us and at home with us.
    He wants to eat together and shop together.
    He wants to have “family time” with us.”

    http://nicolecrank.com/mothers-day

  44. Phantasmagoria says:

    Also, I’d just like to note that I read Twenty’s post in the same voice as the teacher from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

    Bueller?

    Bueller?

    Bueller?

  45. Stingray says:

    they’re the ones I have to convince

    No, the only person who needs any convincing is you.

    I don’t have the desire or energy to have to constantly fight with people who have different opinions but are unwilling to listen.

    Then don’t. It is you who matters here. Reform your compass. Read, read, read, read, and then read some more. If people aren’t willing to listen, don’t argue. Your not going to change their mind anyway, but live it and live it fully. Living a strong moral compass is going to convince many more people than any argument.

  46. Elspeth says:

    God is as much male as he is female. He is our Father and our Mother. Sometimes we don’t think about how God wants to be around us… just like our momma does.

    I had to go verify that a Christian person actually wrote that. I couldn’t believe it possible. Still a little speechless on that one.

    I noticed that it took about 10 women to spout their “I am….” before anyone said “I am a wife.” Not sure what to make of that or if it’s just coincidence.

    “I am a ninja.”

    Ha! Slight O/T, but my teenaged girls brace themselves for a rant whenever a movie or television show is advertised with 100-pound heroines who can take out 200-pound men with one punch.

    The idea that we are metaphorical ninjas is the same level of hogwash. We’re not special. We do the best we can, and if we’re wise and fortunate we learn to live lives of dignity, value and faith along the way. Hopefully we grow in maturity, faith, and virtue as the Scriptures admonish us to.

    Sadly, that reinterpretation of the Scripture Dalrock translated above is all to common in the minds of many church women today.

  47. Höllenhund says:

    Western women are becoming incredibly lame. It just makes me yawn.

  48. Jim says:

    Walsh in her latest babble claims single women never had it so good. Maybe she and many other women need to get their collective heads out of the college educated asses and come back down to the middle and lower class where reality bites. Women are set to be amongst the most needy of all in the coming years. That many refuse to see it and what’s even worse, continue to think we are in the late ’90′s and early to mid 00′s is not going to end well.

    Let me put it to you this way. Last night I went to the bookstore and in the parking lot was a car with the hood up and a woman standing beside it. When I left, she finally had someone stop to try and help her. It was another woman. Think long and hard about that.

  49. Miserman says:

    Phantasmagoria says,

    How exactly do other people here deal with all this kinda crap without going stark raving mad?

    University of Men and Professor Mentu.

  50. deti says:

    There is a movement afoot in modern Christianity that demands women be taken seriously as leaders, movers, shakers, and all around Getters of Things Done.

    Take me seriously, dammit!

    Take me seriously as a teacher (without me having formal training)!

    Take me seriously as a theologian and thinker!

    I am a StrongIndependent Woman of God! You better Take Me Seriously!

    I can run a house, work, raise and feed children, keep a husband satisfied, and get it done (in other words, stuff my Great Grandma and legions of other women did 100 years ago without trumpeting her grand achievements on websites and demanding accolades for it)!

    I can hold a job (that requires fewer and fewer skills by the year)!

    I can worship God (note I am doing so publicly and demanding that you acknowledge my very, very public love for Jesus in public so everyone can see it. I am the Pharisee standing on the corner in the public square loudly praying and worshiping God. See how devout and good I am, not like those other people)!

    TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!

  51. UKFred says:

    When churches produce teaching like this, is it any surprise that we have the headline in this morning’s Times (of London) “Gay Tory Challenges Intolerant Church”?

    Where are the Jenny Geddeses of our time to throw stools or chairs at preachers of heresy?

  52. Jim says:

    Yeah you’re going to see strong and independent women. Here’s one:

    http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20120616/NEWS/306160022/Lead-Smokies-attack-pursued?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

    “The 44-year-old victim was walking on Gatlinburg Trail connecting the Sugarlands Visitors Center with the city when she was attacked about 2:45 p.m. She suffered multiple stab wounds to the neck, shoulder and hand. The woman made her way to Gatlinburg Bypass, where she flagged down a passing motorist for assistance. She was treated at University of Tennessee Medical Center and released from the hospital Sunday night.”

    See this is a problem that women don’t realize they have. They have this false assumption that they are safe, the world is made up up fairies, and rainbows abound everywhere. And then they end up going on a hike alone in the woods where sometimes bad things happen. She learned the hard way as many other will as well. As I said, women are about to become nothing more that walking targets. They social contract is broken predators are on the loose. And the state unfortunately will not be everywhere all the time to protect them. And as this article tells, some men will disregard not only the laws, but will revert back to taking what they want when they feel it’s safe to do so.

  53. Jim says:

    Apologize for some of grammar errors.

  54. Elspeth says:

    I can run a house, work, raise and feed children, keep a husband satisfied, and get it done (in other words, stuff my Great Grandma and legions of other women did 100 years ago without trumpeting her grand achievements on websites and demanding accolades for it)!

    Actually Deti, no one can do it all on her own and do it well, not even our great grandmothers. I have been blessed to be in relationship with my GMIL and she readily and freely admits that she had help from her mother and grandmother.

    So yes, they did a lot more than we do, and they did it a heck of a lot better than we do it. No doubt about that. But they also never claimed to be strong and independent the way today’s woman does. They fully understood that it was foolish to think they could have and do it all.

    Oh, and my grandma? Was a ball buster, LOL.

  55. ukfred says:

    @Terse-Man
    You cannot be awesome. *You* do not make innumerable spelling mistakes in *your* postings. And what s more, others can understand what you are trying to say.

    @Jim

    I have been reading an article (the details of which I cannot for the life of me remember) which explains that women have given up a husband or a father being protector for the state taking over that role. What they have not realised is that they have given up being the object of someone’s love for being an entry in a database about whom nobody cares, and until we reach the stage that China is in now, where a seven-month pregnancy was terminated against the wishes of the mother and the father because they had fallen foul of the state, women will say tht such a thing cannot happen. But it is happening already with suppressed statistics in cariousl areas so that we cannot see the effects of our previous choices.

  56. Aurini says:

    The very first “I am a mother” had me cracking up; that is the EXACT same voice I use when I’m ridiculing women who think that giving birth somehow gives them a coheren opinion on foreign policy.

    For that matter, ALL of them are using the nasally falsetto I invoke whenever I’m making fun of women. What’s up with that?

  57. Anonymous says:

    Don’t these women understand that logic dictates that if they believe that God is a woman or at least feminine, then the devil must be as well? If the chance for one exists then the chance for the other must also.

  58. The Antigrrrl says:

    @Jim
    Statistically speaking, women are far more likely to be attacked going into a womens restroom than taking a hike in the woods. Social contract or no, there are always going to be animals. Women are likely to be safer in the woods than they are in the average town because most predators like to hang out where they have more prey.

  59. Pirran says:

    Actually, I can’t wait for Nicole Crank’s new blog, “Shopping with God”

    “God was carrying my packages home for me the other day (as he always does; he’s such a love), when I spotted the sweetest pair of boots in the sale:

    “G-man (it’s my little name for him), G-man, would you be a dear and wait outside while I try these on?”.
    “Of course, Nicki, I’ll just part the rain so you don’t get your new boots wet on the way back to the car”.

    And there it was….It’s the little things that God does for me that makes me realize he’s such a special friend. I’m so blessed, but if I’m honest, so worth it.”

  60. It’s about time that these gurls started reading the terms of the marital contract as stipulated in the bible. Ephesians 5 and the rest of the New Testament makes it clear. Man provides love and protection. In return the woman offers submission and obedience. If you, wife, withdraw your submission and/or obedience then I, husband, withdraw my love and/or protection.

    The secular guys are getting this already to the point where news articles are beginning to surface of women being in trouble eg. A woman being raped in a Sydney suburbe called out to a male passerby for help and the guy just kept walking. eg. A three year old girl wandering along a roadside seen by a truckie who wouldn’t stop to pick her up because of fears of being labelled a pedo. Her body was found in a stream a few hours later.

    I’m teaching my boys to lay down the law to their girls. Your obedience and submission in exchange for my love and protection.

  61. CB says:

    @UKFred
    I have been reading an article (the details of which I cannot for the life of me remember) which explains that women have given up a husband or a father being protector for the state taking over that role.
    This is the ‘Uncle Sam as boyfriend’ mentality of secular reasoning. Similar to the ‘Jesus is my boyfriend’ mentality of Christian female reasoning.
    I believe Dalrock wrote along the same thoughts with regard to bargaining in the shadow of the law in the context of marriage, when women view ‘Uncle Sam as boyfriend.’

  62. tom says:

    Misery loves company (btw hahahahaha) i didn’t watched the video, but i’d bet that’s the kind of stuff fat/old/unsitisfied/post-wall/useless/heavy-BPDed [read it femminists] women gulp down like sugar…

  63. freebird says:

    The whole idea of scripture is that is should manipulate your thoughts and actions to the better,as opposed to manipulating scripture to your own unbiblical ideology.
    The whole name it and claim it fad-IE:Joyce Meyers (sp) phenomena is a good example.
    “Oh Lord won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz”
    But that fweeeels good! So it must be right,after all the righteous prosper…
    So if I’m rich I must be righteous and never wrong..
    Also, if you’re somehow weakened you must have sinned. (Job)
    Basically justifying hypergamy and ladder theory as righteousness.(I’ve got mine!)
    Reminds of the globe in Scarface’s front yard-”The world is yours!”

  64. Suz says:

    Jim:
    “As I said, women are about to become nothing more that walking targets. They social contract is broken predators are on the loose. And the state unfortunately will not be everywhere all the time to protect them. And as this article tells, some men will disregard not only the laws, but will revert back to taking what they want when they feel it’s safe to do so.

    -and-

    Stingray 6:03 am

    BINGO

  65. sunshinemary says:

    infowarrior1 wrote: “Seriously even the teaching of women to other women must first come from a wise man some man must be in charge of what she teaches. Otherwise this crap happens.”

    ballista74 wrote: “at least for her, there’s still ample chance to violate 1 Timothy 2:11-12 by teaching before the men and the women before she has to worry about that conference.”

    I agree with you. Personally, I’ve stopped attending the dreaded Tuesday morning Women’s Bible studies at church. I find I’d rather receive instruction from the Word from men because the teaching tends to be less hysterical and I can find no place in the Bible that instructs women to be pastors even to other women.

    To any women reading my comment: The proper place for women to instruct other women is found in Titus 2:3-5 “Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.” We are to teach one another in a mentor-type relationship, NOT in a pastoral way. The Bible does not call women to be pastors.

    @THF: “I can’t believe there are still so few people questioning the wisdom of giving women the right to vote (something that only 5-6 countries are 90+ years into, and another 10-15 countries are 60-90 years into). All the arguments for and against giving women the right to vote, are identical to a debate on whether children should have the right to vote.”

    Yay, my pet issue! I keep going on about disenfranchising women not because I think it’s likely to happen any time soon, but because the first step toward fixing a problem is recognizing that there IS a problem. I try to plant whispered doubts about allowing women to vote in people’s minds whenever I can. On a personal level, I ask my husband who he is voting for and then I vote the same. Therefore, giving me the right to vote is the same as giving my husband two votes – just a practical tip for the ladies out there.

  66. Legion says:

    Phantasmagoria says:
    June 16, 2012 at 3:54 am

    An old man was searching for a seat at the Olympics, but there were none. As he went past the Spartan contingent, the Spartan King stood up and said, “Father, come sit by me.” (father being an address of respect.) The Spartans made way for him and before he sat, the nearby greeks applauded the spartans for their act. The old man signaled for silence and said, “All the greeks know what is right. The spartans do what is right.”

    You probably know what is right already. You just have to figure out a way to live in today’s twisted society. It isn’t by the lies they tell you.

  67. MackPUA says:

    These women are ridiculous easy prey for gamers …

    Rewarding women for using superficiality as a value, & basing a church on feminist morality, leads to values with no foundation based on hot air

    These churches make women ridiculously vulnerable & easy prey, when faced with the reality of a gamer or a strong masculine male

    http://www.the-spearhead.com/2012/06/16/implications-of-family-law-on-chicks-dig-jerks-phenomenon/#comment-155281

    “Negging women, knocking women off their pedestal, downplay their jobs & u go grrl lifestyle, backhanded comments …

    Tricks of the trade for getting entitled feminist infested Ameriskanks to bend over …

    Thats the problem of having a overinflated opinion, & entitlement attitude, its so easy to burst their bubble with a few well aimed negs or backhanded comment

    Of course if you demand respect & dominate, overinflated ego’s are easy prey

    Overinflated ego’s are built on delusions & illusive entitlement, when faced with a person who demands respect, a reality of strength trumps a womans fantasy everytime”

  68. MackPUA says:

    @Antigrrl

    “Women are likely to be safer in the woods than they are in the average town”

    I think you’re undervaluing the safety of something called civilisation, & downplaying the dangers of taking a crap in the woods …

    Last time I checked wild animals didnt pay child support, or give you free houses & most of your pacheck & life-savings, without biting your head off first in a rage of furred fury ass shaking …

    Maybe you should re-read your feminist manifesto & cross taking a walk in the woods, off your not a misogynist activity …

    Bears eat lesbians & feminists … food for thought … lol

    Maybe we should demand alimony from bears for every lesbian they eat …

  69. MackPUA says:

    So how long till secular society goes all out & starts worshipping women, as some sort of alternative religion …

  70. anony says:

    I have a question that I don’t know how to exactly ask nor search for an answer to, but as as reader of this and many other blogs (though not really having read any feminist blogs tbh) I’m curious if there are any mediator type blogs, that advocate equality in a way that is neither bemoaning the effects of feminism on men, or propogating the feminist philosophy; in other words, are there any writers who are neither MRA/PUA/GAME nor Feminist/neocon/pro-women, but just pro human rights, who try to find some thing other than feminism/anti-feminism, or men’s right’s etc…

    I mean is that even possible? I don’t know if I’m getting this question together properly, but is there anywhere that doesn’t necessarily go against what both MRA & Feminist’s say or advocate, but is perhaps a mix of both that could leave both men and women satisfied, likes a non gender focused thing pro/against one or the other, but promoting both men’s and women’s right’s accordingly, an objective mediator to which both feminists and MRA could go to/ agree with?

    Or is this just a stupid question to ask, one which again, I’m not sure how to ask, or how to put across the idea that I’m getting at.

    I mean does it all boil down to the truths that these blogs and others explicate? And there are no alternatives which exist without entering the realm of feminist/MRA, like that aren’t reactionary or in retaliation to either group and what they divulge?

    Sorry if this isn’t making sense. It isn’t because I don’t know what nor how to ask what can’t be formulated in my mind.

    Like is there a Hermes or mediator of the MRA/Feminists, one who can take both without defending nor attacking while revealing the truth in a manner which neither can argue against?

    Various rambling attempts to ask a question that again I don’t know what it is or how to ask it?

    Thanks for anyone who even reads through this.

  71. anonyy says:

    actually that’s a ridiculous question. some inner past part of me wondering if how I viewed the world before understanding all of this stuff coming back out again, looking for a why can’t we all just fucking get along and understand our differences and look at the bigger picture and accept the micro truths of our own human behaviors whether or not they are in relation to gender and stuff.

    i’m on librium detoxing from alcohol so this probably is why i can’t coherently get anythning out.

  72. Anonymous Reader says:

    MackPUA
    So how long till secular society goes all out & starts worshipping women, as some sort of alternative religion …

    Ever viewed “Lifetime”, “Oxygen”, “OWN”, the Kardashian show, etc., etc., etc.?

    IMO we’re more or less there, now.

  73. This is one reason why the Catholic Church does not ordain women.

  74. Anonymous Reader says:

    Well, the Catholic Church does not officially ordain women. Yet. But there’s plenty going on just under the radar. All that “goddess” talk back in the 1980′s hasn’t gone away, if anything it has metastacized. If Benedict is really determined to clean the feminists out of the RC Church, he has quite an uphill task.

    http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/

    http://www.womenpriests.org/index.asp

    Finally, no idea who this Mary Meehan is, but her tirade sure reminds me of some “liberation theology” screeds I read back in the late 1980′s.

    http://ncronline.org/blogs/sisters-under-scrutiny/roman-catholic-women-priests-and-new-spiritual-uprising

  75. Stingray says:

    AR,

    That is . . . disturbing.

  76. TFH says:

    sunshinemary,

    I try to plant whispered doubts about allowing women to vote in people’s minds whenever I can.

    If you are a woman, you have an important role to play.

    Tell MEN, yes, MEN, about what you know about feminism, misandry, etc. Don’t bother attempting to convert women. It is men where the issue rests, since men who care about Men’s Rights are too few in relation to pedestalizer/whiteknight men.

    Tell MEN what you know. It matters more than if another man told them the same thing. It should not be that way, but it is…

  77. TFH says:

    g-man,

    Now how are we gonna confiscate the women’s right to vote?

    We can’t.

    All men can do is leave a country where women have had 3-4 generations of voting rights (and thus mistreatment of men is the highest), and go to any country where women have had a lot fewer years of voting rights (even Italy, France, Spain, etc. qualify as democracies that are not in the ‘winter’ stage of their lifecycle).

    Whether a country is not a democracy (Russia, China), or a younger democracy (Brazil, Italy, Spain, Poland) scarcely matters. Only the oldest democracies (US, UK, Canada) have huge industries devoted to disenfranchising men, and the primary mission of the government to transfer wealth and rights from men to women…

    Find a country that is still 20-40 years away from this stage, and you will be fine.

  78. MackPUA says:

    lol @ the ncronline blog …

    “Like the woman in Luke’s Gospel whom Jesus declared free after being bent over for eighteen years, the Spirit is a-movin’ in the courageous nuns.”

    Im guessing these nuns bent over alot longer then eighteen years …
    @Dalrock

    If you’re still looking for a new adversary, why dont you take on Alte, over at TC?

    She’s alot worse then walsh, Alte’s hamster skills are legendary, plus she flies off the handle even easier then walsh …

    Good times … lol

  79. Those old nunnies better not protest too hard. They might break a hip.

    My opinion is that women like Sunshine should discuss agitating against women voting with other women.

    As a Catholic, I have never had a woman purport to preach at me. Thank God.

    Women should pass on what authoritative men have taught them; not try to teach their own ideas.

  80. Elspeth says:

    If you’re still looking for a new adversary, why dont you take on Alte, over at TC?

    She’s alot worse then walsh, Alte’s hamster skills are legendary, plus she flies off the handle even easier then walsh …

    Alte can hold her own, but I really can’t think of anything she’s ever written at TC that would be in stark contrast to Dalrock’s ideological views on feminism. She doesn’t even believe women should have ever gotten the vote and would welcome an end to women’s universal suffrage.

    Now, we do have some silly girl talk on TC at times, but that’s a different thing from being adversarial to masculine concerns. It’s just a difference in tone and approach.

  81. Gabriella says:

    Alte is more masculinist and patriarchal than I could ever hope to be and yet she is the one maospherians seem to love to hate. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

    What she is is very sincere about her personal struggles. I guess you could attack her based on her own admissions but that would be a cheap shot.

  82. anonyy, its a bad question because the mere existrence of such a “balanced” blog is points for feminists. The presence of such overwhelming anti-male stuff requires that the blogs that mention MRA issues stay to MRA issues, unless and until some parity was reached.

    Sunshine, as he said, work the men….the Christian white knights are the largest obstacle to change

  83. Pingback: Linkage Is Good For You: First Shameless Rip-off Edition | Society of Amateur Gentlemen

  84. Anonymous Reader says:

    David Collard
    As a Catholic, I have never had a woman purport to preach at me. Thank God.

    Relation of mine went to a graduation ceremony some years back at an Agriculture college.
    It was old fashioned enough to have an invocation to open the ceremony.

    However, the function he attended for some reason chose a Unitarian woman pastor for that job.
    He told me he didn’t have an opinion about women preachers prior to that experience, but he sure had one well before she was done: something about verbosity being directly proportional to the number of captive listeners. Being a nerd he probably was estimating the size of the captive audience by that point, just to occupy his mind..

    Off hand, DC, I do not think you have missed anything.

  85. Boswell writing on Samuel Johnson:

    I told him I had been that morning at a meeting of the people called Quakers, where I had heard a woman preach. Johnson: “Sir, a woman’s preaching is like a dog’s walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all.”

  86. The Antigrrrl says:

    “I think you’re undervaluing the safety of something called civilisation, & downplaying the dangers of taking a crap in the woods …

    Last time I checked wild animals didnt pay child support, or give you free houses & most of your pacheck & life-savings, without biting your head off first in a rage of furred fury ass shaking …

    Maybe you should re-read your feminist manifesto & cross taking a walk in the woods, off your not a misogynist activity …

    Bears eat lesbians & feminists … food for thought … lol

    Maybe we should demand alimony from bears for every lesbian they eat …”

    Maybe you should check a paper some time, how often do you hear about someone getting eaten by a bear in the woods as opposed to say, getting attacked by some other kind of animal in her own home? I will take my chances in the woods thanks, wasn’t aware it made me a lesbian feminist. At least only the PETA people complain when I shoot the four legged type of animal….

    I am still not sure what the women in the article is supposed to have “learned”? Don’t walk in the woods because people will gloat when you get your comeuppance of being stabbed and raped?

  87. The Antigrrrl says:

    Pointing to a random act of violence against a women involved in a low risk activity (unless you think being a women anywhere is always automatically the highest risk activity, in which case you are a feminist) is maybe not the best example of breakdown in Social Contract because humans attacking each other happens in any civilization. Several really good examples were given, that wasn’t one of them. I highly doubt the women thought she was making a statement about the power of her womenhood by going out in the woods for a walk . I may be able to shrug at a story of a woman raped at a frat party, but not at a women viciously attacked while minding her own damn business.

  88. Höllenhund says:

    Elspeth, Gabriella

    The reason Alte doesn’t get respect in the Androsphere is because she opposes the very concept of men’s rights in the first place, preferring to promote the lie often repeated in tradcon circles that the concept itself is nothing but a male version of feminism. She says both MRAs and feminists promote ‘gender equality’, which is, of course, BS, because what feminists actually support is the preservation of female privilege coupled with the extension of women’s legal power.

    She supports ’complementarian’ relationships, revoking women’s right to vote, theological purity and other pie-in-the-sky concepts instead which are absolutely useless to men seeking practical solutions. She sneaked onto MRA sites, claiming to agree with the men there, but she later basically admitted that the only reason she did that was to find new converts to her version of Catholicism. In other words, she’s merely an attention whore who noticed the growing popularity of men’s sites, wanted to leech off that popularity but failed.

    All in all, she never belonged to the Androsphere and never supported it. It also doesn’t help that she’s impulsive, refuses to restrain her innate tendency to shit all over men, is largely incapable of making logical arguments about male-female relations and bans commenters at her blog without giving any credible justification. She once even said the reason she disagrees with the Androsphere’s arguments about the female rationalization hamster is that it…hurts her vanity. I kid you not. That was the last straw for me.

  89. GKChesterton says:

    @Anonymous,
    Well, the Catholic Church does not officially ordain women.

    Then it doesn’t ordain women. What’s with the scare italic official? Its been pretty up front about this. Can I run down the street and declare myself a martian now? I mean it isn’t official. A group can’t be blamed for those that it has excommunicated.

    While this is a terribly written article and screws up how excommunications work:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/05/29/us-pope-women-idUSL2986418520080529

    Its not like they aren’t taking action. What more do you want?

    @TFH,
    We can’t [remove vote]

    I think you are wrong. Protector transference to the state causes debt. Debt leads to governmental failure or serious reform.

  90. Höllenhund says:

    The Antigrrrl

    when Jim said the ‘social contract is broken predators are on the loose’, he was actually making a succint and correct observation. There have always been men willing to rape and attack random women, but they always represented a tiny minority of the male population. What used to keep them at bay wasn’t the police force but the white-knighting of average betas, who were invested in the common good and social stability. Now that investment is largely gone, as is chivalry, because women killed it. Now predators are as rare as before, but you don’t see average betas risking their lives to defend women they don’t know.

  91. The Antigrrrl says:

    I absolutely agree with his statement and point, just not his example, sorry if that wasn’t clear.

  92. Yes, my church does not ordain women, not even to the diaconate. I sometimes attend the Extraordinary Form (Latin Mass) in which women are forbidden to enter the sanctuary, as they should be in my opinion.

    I imagine that the frankly disgusting and insane behaviour of many American nuns has taught Rome that women cannot be trusted once they step beyond masculine authority.

    On Alte, she has a very good mind. I no longer visit her blog, mainly because it was becoming a bit intense for me. She and Elspeth are good women, although I developed some differences with them on a couple of issues. Alte was excellent on the female perspective on Game. Some of the other ladies on the blog are less to my taste, and I no longer contribute there.

    I have the impression that Traditional Christianity, the blog, has moved to a more female-centred perspective in the last year or so.

    Alte is smart and tough. And Elspeth seems a fine woman. I like Kathy too, although she seems to have gone quiet lately. The women on Dalrick seem good, and not over-sensitive.

  93. Years ago I gave a drunk girl a lift to her college. To help her. I would never do that now. Too risky.

  94. MackPUA says:

    @Antigrrl

    Seriously are you really this deranged? …

    Women are responsible for ensuring they dont get raped, in much the same way men are responsible for not getting mugged, shot or run over by a drunk driver

    Everyones at risk of random acts of violence not just women

    Loony tunes feminists are dime a dozen, stop hysterically sounding like one …

  95. Phantasmagoria says:

    Mmm. The issue with women telling men not to rape is that it’s utterly pointless. The ones that weren’t going to do it in the first place? Still probably not going to do it. The ones that are inclined to do it? I highly doubt they’re going to stop just because you asked.

  96. MackPUA says:

    Exactly, feminists harp on about rape, as if men are quing up to rape women …

    When in fact, In todays climate men are doing everything they can to avoid contact with women, everything from avoiding marriage, to MGTOW & video games & porn

    Anything to avoid the insanity of hysterical feminist infected women like antigrrl …

  97. Beta men are the “whipping boys” for the behaviour of alpha men.

  98. The Antigrrrl says:

    “Exactly, feminists harp on about rape, as if men are quing up to rape women …

    When in fact, In todays climate men are doing everything they can to avoid contact with women, everything from avoiding marriage, to MGTOW & video games & porn

    Anything to avoid the insanity of hysterical feminist infected women like antigrrl …”

    give me a break, are you mentally retarded or just obtuse? Jim implied women should know better than to go walking in the woods alone, I just stated that it was statistically lower risk than walking around town. What exactly are we supposed to “learn” from that article (women or Men?) other then random acts of violence can occur? What does a man “learn” when he gets his head blown off in a convienence store robbery? I never harped on rape and I never said women were not responsible for their own safety. Nice straw woman you put up there though.

    In case you missed it, here it is again. Bad stuff happens and it does not necessarily correlate with societal decline as much as the fact that people sometimes do bad stuff to each other for the hell of it.

  99. The Antigrrrl says:

    Damn, now I have “Hey there little red riding hood” as an earworm.

  100. Elspeth says:

    The reason Alte doesn’t get respect in the Androsphere is because she opposes the very concept of men’s rights in the first place, preferring to promote the lie often repeated in tradcon circles that the concept itself is nothing but a male version of feminism.

    Hmmm… I don’t know that I necessarily agree with that assessment *surprise surprise*. She (we) do believe that there are some voices in the androsphere that sound eerily like the feminists. Dalrock is one of the few that I hang in there with even when we disagree with precisely because he accepts that the Christian sexual ethic is the right one for both men and women. Promotion of a sexual free-for-all is a deal breaker for us tradcons whether the flag is floated by a man or a woman.

    On the issues that matter most and the issues that Dalrock covers here ( frivolous divorce, no fault divorce, child custody, promiscuity, delaying of marriage and motherhood, women’s political power, etc.) Alte pretty much agrees with Dalrock 100%. Even if she agrees for different reasons, there is agreement. Christianity is simply not a religion concerned with promoting rights. it is one that calls it followers to duty, women as well as men. This is not news to anyone familiar with the faith.

    I can see that you don’t like her, but I still fail to see why she would be someone you offer up as an adversary to Dalrock. She is nothing like Susan Walsh in terms of ideology. She doesn’t believe in :hooking up smart”. She believes in life long marriage. She is not a logical choice to offer as an adversary because there is nothing in her views for a Christian MRA to attack. And last I checked, personality conflicts are hardly reasons to start a war.

  101. Elspeth says:

    Feminists hate Alte (all of us really but her especially) and they hate out blog. They show up with their virtual picket signs and link to us on their screech boards like Freejinger.

    What the heck ever happened to “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”?

  102. MackPUA says:

    Btw on the issue of Alte … Alte has a well documented trail of acting & behaving equally to walsh …

    Just like walsh I really dont understand why anyone bothers to defend alte, she shoots herself in the foot just fine on her own …

    PMAFT took down Alte & Kathy ages ago, just like walsh, all you have to do is mention game or MRA on her blog, to get banned & your entire posting history deleted …

    Anyway its upto Dalrock if he wants to take a look Alte’s site

    It was just a simple suggestion, I didnt expect a row of comments lining up to defend the holy black pope of fake traditional catholicism …

    She does however have entertainment value, as a classic example of when women cant behave like a decent christian woman, even in marriage, thanks to their feminist & promiscous history

    Alte just like walsh, a very clear example of why reformed carousel riders, they make for poor wives & even poorer christians

  103. Feminist Hater says:

    Christianity is simply not a religion concerned with promoting rights.

    But the Church is.

    Perhaps you should have written that Christians shouldn’t be overly concerned with promoting rights but it is utterly senseless to say that the Religion isn’t concerned with promoting rights, tolerance and all manner of self-destructive policies.

    Well certainly not when it came to ‘racism’ or ‘sexism’ or ‘slavery’ or any other ‘ism’ you want on the table. The Church was one of the forerunners of the anti-Apartheid festivities. I suppose that was A okay, right? Now, never a peep when white South Africans are getting shot, murdered and tortured, now the Church is suddenly completely quiet. Just like for men’s rights…all I hear be crickets.

  104. The Antigrrrl says:

    “Mmm. The issue with women telling men not to rape is that it’s utterly pointless. The ones that weren’t going to do it in the first place? Still probably not going to do it. The ones that are inclined to do it? I highly doubt they’re going to stop just because you asked.”

    That was the point I was trying to make, badly I suppose, but still. There is not much to be learned from “the ones inclined to do it” when they do bad things, because they never cared about societies contract to begin with. Pointing to some crazy dude stabbing a woman as an example of how the societal contract is failing is just poor causation.

  105. Gabriella says:

    I defend Alte because she is my friend and I genuinely believe she is a good person who doesn’t deserve to be trashed by strangers on the internet.

    I think a lot of men would love to have a wife like Alte. She isn’t a flawless person (none of us are) but unlike many women she actually tries really hard to live up to her principles.

  106. sunshinemary says:

    Father Marker wrote, “The secular guys are getting this already to the point where news articles are beginning to surface of women being in trouble eg. A woman being raped in a Sydney suburbe called out to a male passerby for help and the guy just kept walking.”

    Jim wrote, “Let me put it to you this way. Last night I went to the bookstore and in the parking lot was a car with the hood up and a woman standing beside it. When I left, she finally had someone stop to try and help her. It was another woman. ”

    DC noted, “Years ago I gave a drunk girl a lift to her college. To help her. I would never do that now. Too risky.”

    Two years ago on Easter, my husband, children, and I were driving across the state to visit some family. We stopped at a gas station to fill up, and while my husband was filling up the car, I went inside to take the girls to the bathroom. There was a woman, about 75 years old, talking to the attendant, explaining that she had gotten a flat tire on the way to mass. There were a lot of men in the store, the attendant was a man, but no one offered to help her. I told my husband about it, and he changed her tire. She wanted to give him some money, but my husband told her just to put it in the offering plate when she got to church, so she gave us a plate full of homemade hot cross buns instead.

    Regarding the men who did not offer to help, I thought at the time, “Well, humph. Chivalry is just dead.” Now I think differently about it. If they have had to sit through hours of HR training on sexual “harassment” at work, I’m sure they probably feel like even speaking to an unknown woman could invite unnecessary trouble. I doubt if any of them consciously thought, “If you’re all so independent and we’re so unneeded, change your own tire, Old Woman,” but the point is that the insanity of the feminist legal framework is training men not to even see women. Short-term this might not be a huge problem, but long term? If large numbers of men truly decide to GTOW? The illusion that women can truly manage on their own will crumble.

  107. Höllenhund says:

    “A woman being raped in a Sydney suburbe called out to a male passerby for help and the guy just kept walking.”

    Out of mere curiosity I googled this story. One result was this:

    http://www.thesundaily.my/news/392286

    So much for Australia being more male-friendly than the USA, as some commenters like to claim.

  108. Elspeth says:

    I defend Alte because she is my friend and I genuinely believe she is a good person who doesn’t deserve to be trashed by strangers on the internet.

    I am defending my friend as well. Still, I don’t see where the arguments presented are based on anything of substance.

    And yes the church speaks out against injustice as it well should, and we have a track record of speaking against the injustices done to men at TC. We simply elevate the mission of the gospel and absolute truth above men’s or women’s collective rights.

  109. Höllenhund says:

    @ Elspeth 5:37 am

    Yeah. And feminists condemn the armed gangs raping and plundering their way through Eastern Congo. They attack money-grubbing sleazebags like Pat Robertson. They slammed Bashar al-Assad’s wife for her horrible antics. Yet none of that makes them my friend.

    You see, Elspeth, the idea that your enemy’s enemy is your friend is one of the most common misconceptions of the average folk. In all likelihood, your enemy’s enemy doesn’t give a damn about you and is just as much of a dangerous, scheming twat than your enemy.

  110. Höllenhund says:

    than your enemy = as your enemy

    @Elspeth 5:27 am

    “She (we) do believe that there are some voices in the androsphere that sound eerily like the feminists.”

    Well, that’s a rather curious statement. Can you be at least a bit more specific?

    “Christianity is simply not a religion concerned with promoting rights.”
    “a Christian MRA”

    Isn’t that a huge contradiction right there?

    “I can see that you don’t like her, but I still fail to see why she would be someone you offer up as an adversary to Dalrock.”

    I can’t tell whether she’s an adversary or not. She’s definitely not an ally. I’d say she’s a competitor, she’s looking for converts, after all.

  111. Hollenhund, you don’t live in my country, so keep your peevish and ill-informed remarks to yourself. You are as catty and ignorant as any feminist.

    Go screw yourself.

  112. Suz says:

    Antigrrrl:
    “Pointing to some crazy dude stabbing a woman as an example of how the societal contract is failing is just poor causation.”

    There is some causation though; it’s not much of a stretch. The danger is everywhere, even in the woods. See SunshineMary’s comment above. Without chivalry, predators become more bold, due to the lowered risk of consequences to themselves. It has never been a good idea to wander in the wilderness alone and unarmed, especially for women. Now it’s even less safe, as are many of the activities women have been safely taking for granted for ages.

    There are two aspects to the increasing danger: From one side comes the lack of chivalry which leaves women more vulnerable to ordinary misfortunes (like a flat tire.) from the other side come the predators taking advantage of increasing opportunities.

    And lets face it, one of the reasons so many human predators (including the smarter ones) are free to roam the streets and the woods, is because our jails are crowded with fatherless young men (guilty or not), and the victims of VAWA/family courts (guilty or not), courtesy of feminism. Random crazy dudes are less random than they used to be, because they have more reasons to be crazy.

  113. Höllenhund says:

    Well, well, what a curious response, David. Yeah, I don’t specifically know what an experience it is to live in Australia, but one thing I definitely know is that a country where your divorced wife can claim that you raped her 36 years ago, and the High Court dismisses your bid to have the charges dropped, on the rather curious-sounding ground that “if the marital exemption to rape was ever a part of the common law of Australia, it had ceased to be so at least by… 1935″, is anything but male-friendly, and definitely not more male-friendly than the great US of A.

  114. Höllenhund says:

    @Gabriella 6:58 am

    In case you didn’t notice, she regularly trashes strangers online, calling them names and making groundless and sensationalist accusations, like the idea that MRAs want all women to commit mass suicide.

  115. Feminist Hater says:

    Have I been put in moderation?

    [D: Nope. Same thing happened to van Rooinek the other day. The spam filter is acting strange. I found your other comment there and let it out.]

  116. Anonymous Reader says:

    GKChesterton
    @Anonymous,
    Well, the Catholic Church does not officially ordain women.

    Then it doesn’t ordain women.

    Officially. Yet.

    What’s with the scare italic official? Its been pretty up front about this. Can I run down the street and declare myself a martian now? I mean it isn’t official. A group can’t be blamed for those that it has excommunicated.

    The Anglican church did not used to ordain women at all. Then it didn’t ordain them officially. Now there are lesbian bishops. The point is, if Ratzinger/Benedict is serious about rooting feminism out of the RC Church, he has an uphill fight. Do you seriously believe that all the supporters/promoters of women priests have been kicked out of that church? Heck, the RC can’t even get rid of the Goddess worshippers.

    While this is a terribly written article and screws up how excommunications work:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/05/29/us-pope-women-idUSL2986418520080529

    Ok, there’s a mechanism for kicking people out of the RC church. So? Does it follow that the promoters of feminism are gone from the RC church? Nope. Does it follow that anyone who is pushing for women priests is gone from the RC church? Nope. It’s not even a sure thing that all the women who have been ordained as priests by someone are gone.

    My point: there’s a lot of feminism in the RC church. Rooting it out is a huge task. Evidence provided in the form of links.

    What’s your point?

    Its not like they aren’t taking action. What more do you want?

    Why so defensive? I pointed out some facts. You don’t like those facts. Ok, so facts you don’t like are somehow my fault? Why? You aren’t even a Catholic any more, didn’t you claim to be Orthodox (Eastern, Greek, Russian, some other flavor), right? So it isn’t even your fight, right? Therefore, what’s your complaint?

    I produced the first few entries of a quick search, to point out that there’s a lot of feminism embedded into parts of the RC Church. Maybe you should go and rant at Google instead of me, for having the temerity to provide links that are not to your liking?

  117. The Antigrrrl says:

    @ Suz

    Point taken, but you could also say it isn’t a good idea to go anywhere unarmed or alone. As I originally pointed out, there is actually less risk in the woods because it has a lower density of potential predators. I think it is also an upbringing thing too, I was raised in the boonies so I find them a lot less scary than the city I live in now. I know people who get freaked out about being in the “wilds” when they drive down a dirt road which ignores the fact that they are at much greater risk in the suburbs for just about everything.

  118. Comment_Whatever says:

    That was the point I was trying to make, badly I suppose, but still. There is not much to be learned from “the ones inclined to do it” when they do bad things, because they never cared about societies contract to begin with. Pointing to some crazy dude stabbing a woman as an example of how the societal contract is failing is just poor causation.

    That’s because you are a responsibility cultist.

    He may not always have been crazy. Maybe he lost his job a year ago because his boss was “enraged” that he kept complaining to her about how she was taking money out of his check because he was “in arrears for child-support”…… to a kid he had proven wasn’t his. After living on the street for three months, he then went nuts.

    PS:
    My example is similar to a black man in my city who killed two of his employers after they fired him for complaining about the “child support being automatically deducted” for a kid who wasn’t his….. oh and the kid was full grown to. But he still had to pay back child support.

    He didn’t even kill the mother who was taking his money. Just the proud bosses who fired the slave for complaining to often. Made all the news.

  119. Dalrock says:

    I haven’t caught up on all of this comment thread, but for the record I’m not gunning for Alte.

  120. Dalrock says:

    On the risk in the “woods”, one thing I’ve noticed is that many women underestimate the risk of violent crime when walking on marked trails in secluded areas. Many seem to think they are much farther away from civilization (yet much closer to help) than they really are. Walking cross country through the woods as a hunter might in a run of the mill national forest is one thing (so long as you don’t run into illegal growers or distillers). Going running through a wooded park in or on the outskirts of town, or hiking on a trail in a national, state, or local park is something entirely different. They are in fact ideal locations for a violent criminal. They get enough traffic to offer a selection of victims while providing the seclusion violent criminals need. On top of that, for reason’s I can’t understand large numbers of women tend to feel irrationally safe in these areas. I’ve tried to explain this to women I know but the ones who think this way are extremely resistant to it and typically accuse me of being paranoid. So be it.

    Incidentally the case Jim quoted/linked to fits this pattern. The woman was in a National Park (not National Forest) walking on a trail from the visitor center to the city.

  121. Suz says:

    Dalrock:
    “…large numbers of women tend to feel irrationally safe in these areas.”

    I often wonder about that. Do they assume Smokey the Bear with his handy shovel, is within shouting distance? Do they think they’re fast enough or strong enough to fend of an attacker, just because they’re joggers or hikers? Do they simply not comprehend the inevitable dynamics of seemingly unrelated phenomena occurring in this country? Overcrowded jails have revolving doors, Mental hospitals are shutting down and sending very sick people out onto the streets with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a prescription. The police are preoccupied with the Drug War and VAWA/family law, because that’s what brings in funding and headlines. And millions of ordinary men are so thoroughly disenfranchised, they feel absolutely no obligation to “society.” How can anybody think these changes are temporary or cyclical? That in a couple of years, everything will go back to “normal?”

    But yeah, You’re paranoid I guess. Me too.

  122. sunshinemary says:

    The Antigrrrl wrote, “you could also say it isn’t a good idea to go anywhere unarmed

    I’m generally an advocate of concealed carrying everywhere you legally can. However, even though I’ve had some training with firearms, I would hesitate to consider myself safe hiking alone. I am not sure that I would recognize and respond quickly enough to a threat to draw my weapon before being over-powered. The link dalrock posted on positioning for crime is informative, but the part about not letting someone you don’t know get within five feet of you would be really hard to abide by. Even though our instinct might warn us that the approaching person poses a threat, social conditioning influences one not to challenge that person by telling them to stop. I think hiking alone is ill-advised for women.

  123. ballista74 says:

    SunshineMary wrote:

    but the point is that the insanity of the feminist legal framework is training men not to even see women. Short-term this might not be a huge problem, but long term? If large numbers of men truly decide to GTOW? The illusion that women can truly manage on their own will crumble.

    This really isn’t so much the case. The feminist legal framework isn’t doing that. However, the consequences of the feminist legal framework are contributing to that, along with good old societal paranoia and disenfranchisement effecting all stripes and creeds. In other words to pin anything entirely on the feminist legal framework is missing the whole point.

    Then, feminism has given most of us men one positive thing. It’s given us ample opportunity to re-evaluate everything that is going on to see whether it benefits us. “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle”, huh? Many of us are evaluating things ourselves and are coming up with the conclusion that the truth really is ” a man needs a woman like a fish needs a bicycle”. We’re standing up and saying to women if you really want equality, you can have it. Real, honest to God, equality. You haven’t had it yet. Really if you look at the GTOW movement, that’s all that’s coming about from an activist standpoint. Let’s see women be truly equal. No favoritism in laws, no chauvanistic protections, no employment quota laws, no favoritism anywhere in society. If you’re really able to work just as well as a man and take care of yourselves like a man, there shouldn’t be any objections, right? Unfortunately, with the increase of those laws and the feminist shaming diatribes (stepped in a church today and guess what I got to hear?), we know the feminists themselves even know the answer to that one.

    However, as with all disillusioned little children or addicts or whatever label of many aptly fit the average entitled women of today, it’s going to take hitting rock bottom before they get on their knees in sackcloth and ashes, repent of their ways, and beg for forgiveness at a cost beyond what they can even imagine. I do believe something similar to Isaiah 3:16-4:1 will happen before it’s all over.

    And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach. (Isaiah 4:1)

    Suz wrote:

    And millions of ordinary men are so thoroughly disenfranchised, they feel absolutely no obligation to “society.”

    And feminism is only a small part in the US. This goes to how politics have operated in the last 30-40 years, the choice of the nation to go at war, the costs of those things, the screwing of the middle class and the poor while the CEOs salaries double and triple, the selling off of America by the piece to the highest bidder, the bailouts of the banks and auto industries while the poor men and women are left screwed, having paid and still owe to these corrupt shifty people. And that’s just a small piece of it.

    The point is people are realizing ever more who the US really belongs to and are taking the red pill when it comes to voting as well (it’s foolish, I learned that within 2 election cycles of my 18th birthday), and recognizing whose voices are getting heard and getting served. People are learning who their elected officials really represent and who “society” really is, and are learning they owe nothing, as these people deserve nothing. As an increasing number are seeing, they can just defend themselves.

    Scripture speaks of all that stuff happening in the ancient Israel/Judah and history shows this cycle is repeated, as well. What the US as well as most nations are afflicted with good old fashioned injustice and godlessness. Much of what is being spoken of in this thread has causes way beyond feminism or gender relations.

  124. Anonymous Reader says:

    Back in the 90′s when CHL / CCW’s were a lot more scarce than they are now, there were regular hissy fits and arguments in the various backcountry newsgroups on usenet over open carry of firearms. Sometimes these were fueled by headlines – I’m thinking of a couple of murders along the Appalachian Trail – and sometimes they just happened, because some guy would mention just what he took camping with him. Long story short, I recall one cranky guy from northern Arizona once ending his comment with something like this: “I take my guns with my kids into the National Forest for one reason: because gangbangers from Phoenix sometimes take a vacation day off in the woods, too”.

    Exercise care and know what the law says before packing anything.

    +1 on sunshinemary’s comment above. For what it is worth, five feet is not enough; Dennis Tueller proved that by demonstration over 20 years ago.

  125. MackPUA says:

    So are Evangelical Princesses, a result of feminism or are all women like that …

    We have everything from Sweet 16 parties, literally worshipping 16 yr olds, to regular entitled princesses

    I blame welfare. & womens rights, regular economics keeps women in line in most countries

    Subsidising sluthood & welfare rewards women, for their mistakes, making slut shaming & traditional families negligible in keeping women in line

    It’s no wonder women become delusional & irrational, as their very biology is subsidised by the state

    Combine that with, sexual harrassement law, & inane laws designed to absolve women, & hysteria about the safety of women & you have women literally worshipping their own rears … all in the name of empowerment & rights of course …

    Cutting yourself off from reality & the consequences of your actions, & having it legally enshrined in law, & you have a sure fire recipe for women developing the mental illnesses, we’re seeing today

    It’s important to realise Traditional family structures existted not just to hold women responsible …

    But also to prevent societies from turning into insane repressive regimes all in the name of protecting women …

    Which is where this is all leading, anyway … a new form of idiocracy led by women …

  126. MackPUA says:

    An example of the insane laws enacted to protect women from their mistakes …

    This is considered a felony in most states btw …

    “Many states consider seduction a felony. Seduction is strictly defined to occur when “a male person induces a female person of previously chaste character to engage in an act of intercourse on promise of marriage”

    Although many states no longer require chastity (or even that the female be unmarried), only that there be a false promise of marriage.”

  127. David C
    Is there more history behind your dismissal of Hollenb? Because his points in this thread are sensible, and I do read (I cant recall who) posters saying Australia is more male friendly. Could it not be the case that it is equally anti-male but manifests differently? Just curious…..but it would seem that, in as much as I read on Australian politics, it would be generally friendly to feminist thought….

  128. Ballista

    “”””the screwing of the middle class and the poor while the CEOs salaries double and triple””
    ———————————————————————-
    Please explain. Especially the screwing part…..this reads like zero sum game to me, but regardless if that is not the mistake, there is a mistake in this reasoning.

  129. Antigrrrl:
    “Pointing to some crazy dude stabbing a woman as an example of how the societal contract is failing is just poor causation.”

    There is some causation though; it’s not much of a stretch.
    —————————————————————

    I think thats not the causation whe was rejecting, she was rejecting the sort of conventional wisdom perception that plays into the feminist meme that men are voiding the social contract

  130. sunshinemary says:

    @Ballista74

    Thanks for the Isaiah scripture, nice work. Can it be modern-day prophesy, I wonder? It made me shiver.

    “”Much of what is being spoken of in this thread has causes way beyond feminism or gender relation.”
    Meaning what? Apostasy? The abomination that causes desolation?

  131. sunshinemary says:

    AR – “for what it is worth, five feet is not enough; Dennis Tueller proved that by demonstration over 20 years ago.”

    Oh, thanks, I was trying to remember the name of the Tueller effect but I couldn’t recall it!

  132. ballista74 says:

    empathologicalism wrote:

    “”””the screwing of the middle class and the poor while the CEOs salaries double and triple””
    ———————————————————————-
    Please explain. Especially the screwing part…..this reads like zero sum game to me, but regardless if that is not the mistake, there is a mistake in this reasoning.

    Sometimes I go a little fast and not explain myself sometimes. What I was thinking was the cases (especially the bailouts) where people are fired for no other reason than the fact that the companies have to pay them something and then see the CEOs of these organizations who run the companies into the ground get rewarded by remaining in their jobs and then getting raises on the order of 2 to 3 times besides. When someone is faced with such a scenario, it’s hard for them to not feel “screwed” because they feel they were fired so enough money is available to pay the CEO. It’s also not hard for them to have contempt towards a society and government that has approved of such things. Besides, we have to remember that not all things are factual, especially when it comes to societal support. The politicians have a phrase “Perception is reality.”. They know they don’t have to operate in truth at all, just pander to people’s perceptions. Society at large is much this way, too. When people get the perception that they are being wronged in some way, there will always be a reaction of some kind. Be it the fruits of feminism or the fruits of good old fashioned greed.

    SunshineMary wrote:

    “”Much of what is being spoken of in this thread has causes way beyond feminism or gender relation.”
    Meaning what? Apostasy? The abomination that causes desolation?

    It could be gotten pretty easily that any departure from God is apostasy and this can include Godly behavior. Looking at some of the sin lists that God’s prophets relayed in the Old Testament can be enlightening, especially as it goes for today. Amos 2:4-5; Amos 2:6-16 are a good start, but most all the prophets present sins that they are calling out to the people to repent, along with the consequences. Micah and Zephaniah are also good quick reads.

    I was thinking just sin in general, but I do believe we are in a more wicked time than before – it’s accelerated even in the last 10-15 years. IMO it’s a bit short-sighted to affix blame on all violence or all indifference toward others on feminist related consequences.

  133. Joey says:

    Empathologicalism, here in Australia it doesn’t seem like society overall is as hostile i.e. abusive towards like boys/men like the USA seems to be but more neglectful e.g. my older son complains of his female teachers spending all the time with the girls, teaching on their side of the classroom, encouraging them, but getting cross with the boys when they misbehave. He resents that all the female teachers’ time is spent on the girls. Men have been turned off teaching with all the child-safety checks and raised eyebrows of why a man would reaaallly want to work with *children*….
    And then they wonder why girls are doing better in school overall but the gender divide in career paths is getting stronger. Male students are still likely to get the attention they need in trade related subjects because male teachers are still more likely to take them.

    A massive societal problem that is developing as a result is how male-dominated mining towns are and the wage divide between men and women is starting to grow more extreme when you look at the fields of employment. Especially the FIFO/DIDO (fly-in, fly-out, drive-in, drive-out) mining towns in remote regions that don’t have enough services for families etc which puts people off moving out of larger cities if possible.

    Tradesmen/scientists/engineers are needed for the mines, girl-friendly career paths are not. Mining is sending men out of big cities where all the women are, causing a male drought in capital cities and social problems in mining towns where there is a man flood. My single sister moans about how few good men are in her (capital) city. Marriage break-ups, increased risk of drug abuse and alcoholism from sheer boredom, mental health/physical health issues are the down-side of the massive wages and great job opportunies for highly skilled workers.

    I know all this because I lived a few years back in the epicentre of the mining boom (Karratha, NW Western Australia) and the small port town I now live in Queensland (north-eastern state) has turned into a mining port for QLD’s mining boom over the past few years. One reason you won’t hear much about this in general conversation is that Aussie men still have the stiff-upper lip approach to life and just get on with it as best as they can.

  134. P Ray says:

    @Höllenhund:
    Cecilia/Black&German/Alte also likes calling some men “basement-dwellers”, with the idea that unless a man is slaving for a woman … he’s essentially superfluous, and very likely criminal.
    All single men should know that is what one of the voices of “Traditional Christianity” thinks about them.

  135. Höllenhund says:

    Suz 12:38 pm

    None of that stuff is covered on Oprah or the mainstream media, so I doubt the average American woman knows about it. In all likelihood, she’s living a more or less sheltered life. White trash women probably know more about the real likelihood of violent crime and high incarceration rates, but they aren’t likely to go jogging or hiking.

  136. imnobody says:

    There’s something rotten in America.

    Even though I am from a feminist country in Europe, I don’t cease to be astonished by the complete pedestalization that American people give to females. It’s breath-taking. There are no words.

    This worshiping of females seems the true American religion, being Christianity only a facade.

    This goes way far deep than feminism. Grown-up men adoring and obeying bitchy land whales and marrying fugly single moms with two kids are usual things. Women being praised, pampered by the entire society, who makes ANYTHING to please women AT ANY COST, even though American women are impossible to please. Mass media telling once and again how wonderful, how divine is to be woman. This was true even way before than feminism (you can only read history).

    I don’t know why this insane dynamic comes from. Jung said that, after the wedding, the American husband treats his wife as if she were his mom and then, the wife was not attracted to the husband (too betaified, as we would say today). This is why husbands treat their daughters like princesses because, with the mom being the boss, they are the only emotional escape.

    I don’t know. But something is rotten in America. After watching this video, you come to the conclusion that this culture is insane.

  137. Elspeth says:

    You see, Elspeth, the idea that your enemy’s enemy is your friend is one of the most common misconceptions of the average folk. In all likelihood, your enemy’s enemy doesn’t give a damn about you and is just as much of a dangerous, scheming twat than your enemy.

    I actually agree with that Hollenhund. Of course the enemy of my enemy could care less about me. My point was that from a strategic standpoint, people who want the the same thing, even if they want it for different reasons have something to offer one another.

    Leftists have been able to advance their agenda precisely this way. Ignoring the differences and focusing on the ultimate goal: Victim-hood and dependency for all.

    Even the apostle Paul went so far as to write that even though he knew there were people preaching the gospel with wrong motives, he didn’t care so long as Jesus was being preached.

    Ideological purity, personality gauges and litmus tests will not win the day and it won’t advance the cause of righting the injustices committed against men (something I am actually very passionate about).

  138. GKChesterton says:

    @Anonymous,
    The Anglican church did not used to ordain women at all. Then it didn’t ordain them officially. Now there are lesbian bishops. The point is, if Ratzinger/Benedict is serious about rooting feminism out of the RC Church, he has an uphill fight. Do you seriously believe that all the supporters/promoters of women priests have been kicked out of that church? Heck, the RC can’t even get rid of the Goddess worshippers.

    The Anglican Church was never a polity serious about much and the theological explanations of the same would require more work than I’m willing to give this. If you’re interested in that end of things I suggest “The Shape of the Liturgy” by Gregory Dix who was an Anglican priest (and remained such) in the 1930′s. Wonderfully smart book. Given that the Church proper East and West has been subjected to women priests from about the 200′s on I don’t see any reason to believe they will fail this new test. It is a very, very, very, very, very old idea.

    The idea that any body would be able to be perfectly pristine in this world when Jesus promised that there would be wheat and weeds in the Church is just beyond silly. We would expect formal action (there is). We would expect some attempts at correction (plenty). We wouldn’t expect perfection until the Last Battle. Frankly you sound more than a little Donatist. Way more than a little.

    Ok, so facts you don’t like are somehow my fault? Why? You aren’t even a Catholic any more, didn’t you claim to be Orthodox (Eastern, Greek, Russian, some other flavor), right? So it isn’t even your fight, right? Therefore, what’s your complaint?

    Indeed I am but I am fond of Rome and hope for union if we can work out Vatican I. That being said your attacks are childish and make claims of Rome that Rome doesn’t even make of itself. It smacks of the “rafter in your own eye”.

    @MackPUA,
    “Many states consider seduction a felony. Seduction is strictly defined to occur when “a male person induces a female person of previously chaste character to engage in an act of intercourse on promise of marriage”

    _IF_ we didn’t have the current state of feminism I don’t see this as a bad law anymore than I see the Mosaic code that says almost the exact same thing as a bad law. It forces a player and the woman out of the market. That’s all and good for everybody. The problem is that we don’t enforce marriage pacts or treat them seriously.

    @Sunshinemary,

    Had never heard of the Teuller Effect, found this video though:

    And some articles. Fascinating. Man I need to practice.

  139. infowarrior1 says:

    @Mac PUA
    Please provide hyperlinks to prove your point.

  140. Pingback: Cyberstalking? Or fair criticism? « Complementarian Loners

  141. P Ray says:

    @Elspeth/Terri
    “Now, we do have some silly girl talk on TC at times, but that’s a different thing from being adversarial to masculine concerns. It’s just a difference in tone and approach.”
    You mean like this?
    Alte

    August 27, 2011

    The difference between a “basement virgin” and a “real virgin” is that the basement virgin is sitting in front of his monitor masturbating to porn and ripping into women he normally wouldn’t have a chance with. I don’t think basement virgins are even necessarily virgins, but they are definitely mean and unchaste. It’s a mentality.

    The name is something men came up with, by the way. We women used to call them “basement dwellers” or “bitter betas”, as we didn’t assume they were all virgins, but the Roissian version has caught on now. Roissy is big on virginity.

  142. Pingback: Father Knows Best: Father’s Day edition « Patriactionary

  143. kenneth paone says:

    why are females who like to have sex called whores?

  144. ballista74 says:

    Original link if you don’t like Facebook (to H/T the original):
    http://sacredsandwich.com/archives/1367

  145. Suz says:

    Thanks ballista74

  146. koevoet says:

    @ kenneth paone – They aren’t. Women who receive direct fiscal compensation for sex are called whores. Women who like to have sex are called awesome. Women who like to have sex with lots of men in return for no emotional commitment are called sluts.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s